4 cups milk, warmed
4 cups flour
1 ½ heaping Tbs. salt
2 ¼ cups grated Lionza
1. Place the popover pan in the oven. Heat the oven and pan to 350⁰F.
2. Gently warm the milk over low heat and set aside.
3. Whisk the eggs until frothy and slowly whisk in the milk (so as not to cook the eggs). Set the mixture aside.
4. Sift the flour with the salt. Slowly add this dry mixture and gently combine until mostly smooth.
5. Once combined, remove the popover pan from the oven and spray with non-stick vegetable spray. While the batter is still slightly warm or room temperature (definitely not cool), fill each popover cup ¾ full.
6. Top each popover with approximately 2 ½ Tbs. Lionza. Bake at 350⁰F for 50 minutes, rotating pan half a turn after 15 minutes of baking. Remove from the oven, remove from the pan, and serve immediately.