Two of California’s most acclaimed products – wine and cheese – come together in this upscale pie made with Cabernet-soaked aged Cheddar, crème fraiche and a California port wine reduction.
3 oz. traditional pizza sauce
1 (10-inch) extra-thin pizza crust (tart dough or cracker crust preferred)
3 oz. shredded Fiscalini Mozzarella
3 oz. shredded Fiscalini Purple Moon Cabernet soaked Cheddar
1 oz. California port wine reduction sauce
1 oz. California crème fraiche, stirred to thin consistency
1 scallion, green part only, cut into ¼-inch rings
1. Spread pizza sauce thinly over crust.
2. Sprinkle Mozzarella evenly over sauce.
3. Top with Cheddar, showing as much of the purple, wine-soaked area as possible.
4. Bake at 475⁰F until crust has golden edge and crisp bottom and cheese is slightly browned.
5. Drizzle with port sauce and crème fraiche; sprinkle with scallions.